Who We Are
The Institute For Drivers Safety has provided driving instruction for over 20 years to teenagers and adults. Over 96% of our students pass their driving test on the first try. Through our 85+ years of combined driver education experience and 185+ years of combined law enforcement experience, we deliver the definitive, most safe driver education program in the community.
We serve Greater Phoenix, Scottsdale, Paradise Valley, Tempe, Ahwatukee, Mesa, Chandler, Anthem, Peoria, Glendale and the entire East and West Valley.
Driving is a serious activity that demands responsibility, know-how, and attentiveness from drivers, and we take pride in the quality drivers educated by our school. Fortunately, our certified trainers are skilled in helping even the most nervous of drivers get over their stress and discomfort. In fact, over 96% of our students pass their road evaluation on their first try!
We offer classroom training, behind-the-wheel training, road test preparation, and a Road Test Waiver Certificate to take to the MVD for licensing.
- To provide professional, informed, and comfortable instruction that turns new or inexperienced drivers into safe, collision-free, and
- To create a fun environment for certified trainers and students that fosters valuable learning and hands-on experience.
- To teach our students to take the consequences of their actions seriously and respect the road.
- To inform previous drivers with mediocre driving skills of the best defensive driving skills that will keep them free of collisions and tickets
Executive Director of Operations
This is a sampling of our certified trainers wide range of experience.
Our Officers come from all over the country and many backgrounds::
- U.S. Army
- Maricopa County
- U.S. Navy
- U.S. Marines
- Northern California
- Department of Homeland Security
- Los Angeles
- New York
- West Virginia
- All of our certified trainers have had car control, collision avoidance, and accident scene reporting training at the police academy
- Accident investigator, DUI task force, and detective
- Traffic enforcement, accident reconstruction, and training officers in Emergency Operations Driving
- Trained military police and security forces in Saudi Arabia, served as the Chief of Police
- Tucson Police SWAT team, experience with our international students
- U.S. Army Military Police, Federal Officer in the Federal Bureau of Prisons, and an AZDOC officer
- Toured in Afghanistan with police department, and reserve and civil deputy
- Field Training Officer, Sergeant, Chief of Police, SWAT, and DARE certified trainer
- Focus on motor vehicle law, criminal law, advanced accident investigation, defensive driving, and CDL training
Our certified trainers have a combined 85+ years experience with the Institute for Drivers Safety.
Plus 185+ years combined experience in law enforcement.